The BYTON M-Byte is a premium SUV and BYTON´s first product to go into series production in its own plant in Nanjing.
Exterior Design Concept
The BYTON M-Byte combines digitalization, innovation and craftsmanship to provide enjoyable time on the move.
▪ The front of the BYTON M-Byte was designed to visualize a new definition of power – prioritizing data power over horsepower. The falling feature line along the vehicle´s flanks and the long wheelbase reflect interior roominess and add to a strong exterior stance.
▪ Aerodynamics are key for an EV to ensure maximum efficiency. With a low roofline, sleek silhouette and a very competitive drag coefficient, the exterior design is an aerodynamically optimized body. The floating C-pillar is a distinctive element, which also has aerodynamic functions to channel air flow around the greenhouse. Door handles that lay flush and a fully enclosed front fascia add to aero efficiency.
▪ One of BYTON´s key design elements is the so-called BYTON Front Blade between the upper jewel-like daytime running lights with the BYTON letters, which will also distinguish future models in the BYTON family. At the rear, the taillights are equipped with slim edge LED technology.
▪ The BYTON Smart Surface at the front and the rear are a future-oriented element that transform the vehicle´s body into an exterior user interface. When autonomous driving becomes reality, these additional lighting elements will communicate toward the outside world. In the meantime, the BYTON Smart Surfaces greet the user and display the charging status in charging scenarios.
▪ The exterior color portfolio offers classic variants, as well as progressive colors.
Interior Design Concept
The interior design of the BYTON M-Byte is characterize by its superior space and is achieved through elements like the panoramic effect of the instrument panel or the door panel continuity over the B-pillar – just like a new living space.
▪ BYTON´s design philosophy is to embrace digital content and technology, enabling users to interact in different ways such as sensors for gesture, touch or voice control.
▪ The center of BYTON M-Byte´s interior design is the 48-inch curved Display, which is integrated into the dashboard and enables the passengers to enjoy multiple digital services.
▪ The clean design of the instrument panel and wraparound design elements integrate functions in a stylish yet discrete way and provide a feeling of protection and care for passengers.
▪ A digital lounge feeling permeates the cabin through a flat floor and floating dashboard, which fosters relaxation and communication. HVAC and other traditional components do not protrude into this “living room.”
The front seats rotate inwards, facilitating conversation and allowing better visibility of the Display for rear passengers. An optional dedicated four-seat configuration with rear captain chairs offers extended second-row comfort and convenience.
▪ The BYTON M-Byte´s color and trim options enhance the living-room feel for every taste: various trim-levels and distinguished details allow personalization and create a balance between digital content and natural materials.
▪ The entry level M-Byte with a single rear-mounted electric motor will provide peak output of 200kW (272 PS), which allows an average range of 360 kilometres or 224 miles (WLTP). The 4WD high level configuration is rated 300kW (408 PS), with an average possible range of 435 kilometres or 270 miles (WLTP).
▪ The battery capacity of the BYTON´s M-Byte entry level model will be 72 kWh. The 4WD high level model has a battery capacity of approximately 95 kWh.
▪ The BYTON M-Byte will comply with the local charging and plug standards according to region and feature GBT / CCS1 or CCS2 charging interface.
▪ According to regional market conditions, fast DC charging is up to 150kW and AC charging between 3.7kW and 22kW. DC charging time on a 150kW charger will be approx. 35 minutes (up to 80%).
Innovative User Interface
The BYTON M-Byte is the next-generation smart device designed for the age of shared mobility and assisted driving – an intelligent, connected car.
▪ The 48-inch-wide curved display offers three areas for content. Users can interact with the Display via both a 7-inch Driver Tablet and an 8-inch Co-Driver Tablet.
▪ The 7-inch Driver Tablet for key driver information and controls, which was pioneered by BYTON, will be at the center of the steering wheel just above the full-size driver airbag. It serves as one of the main interfaces for the driver to personalize the vehicle and interact with the display.
▪ The 8-inch Co-Driver Tablet between the driver and front passenger seats, enables the front passenger to control the display and enjoy an interactive experience.
▪ Multiple interaction modes with the vehicle will be offered including touch gesture, voice and air gesture control, driver’s face recognition, as well as physical buttons.